Thursday, July 20, 2006

Isn't it a wonder

I remember back when Iskandar was still a little baby, my parents would sometimes ask me to help tuck him in, especially when we had people over. I won’t deny, at times, it seemed like the hardest thing to do as he would cry or throw a fit in protest, not wanting to go to bed.

After doing it a number of times, I did have a few tricks up my sleeves. One, was to turn off all the lights in the room. Another, more subtle way, was to read or tell him a story. And of course there was the “Okay, I’m going to sleep. If you don’t, you’ll be up all alone” routine.

But when you feel him lay his head on your shoulder while you’re carrying him or when he cuddles close to you and falls asleep, your heart melts as fast as butter on a hot pan. And the best part is, you forget about how tired or troublesome is all seemed a while ago.

I honestly, cannot even begin to imagine the surge of emotions a mother goes through when she gives birth. Holding a new, precious life in her arms, knowing that that was the little person living in her nine months ago and she has now been granted the privilege of showering Gods tiny gift with all the love and care in the world, it’s simply the most beautiful and wondrous thing.

There’s a scientific explanation to the whole process, as we were taught in our Biology class today. But I personally believe that BIRTH, is a miracle on its own.

As promised, another one of Makani’s great works. This one’s stunningly captivating..

Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home