Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Tick, tick, tick

Losing my temper makes me feel weak It leaves me with a deep sense of remorse that’s so unbelievably hard to shake off. It's hardly what I'd call liberating. Instead, I’m left with this little voice in my head that tugs at the sleeves of my conscience, telling me how much “I shouldn’t have”.

What I said in class yesterday, I never really meant for it to sound so harsh. I actually had every thing planned out in my head, but apparently, it came out nothing like that. Or perhaps, that was the way it was suppose to be said before anyone started taking things seriously. Just like Pn. Madeline said, "Everyone can only tolerate so much. We all have our limits" and that day, I reached mine.

I believe strongly in respecting another individual. We don't like to be disrespected, looked down upon or even undermined. So, tell me, how does that give us the right to do it to someone else? It escapes me sometimes that people can actually be so bloody ignorant.

I understand the concept of being patient. But does holding back mean your "patient" or does that signify "bottling up"?

art by Agasang

1 Comments:

At 1:28 AM, Blogger Shahira said...

Wow.. that makes heaps of sense.. clearly I DON'T undertand the concept of being patient.

What I did was completely driven by anger held back so many times.

But I do honestly feel like I can let go now. That was pretty much written in the midst of frustration. Ironic it being something I said a person should never do, ya?

Thanks Kak Meera

 

Post a Comment

<< Home