Friday, May 18, 2007

A whole week has gone by and yet, it all still seems so surreal.

Bizarre.

Dreamlike.

Unreal.

I'm trying to make a point here.

JPA has given me a place at the International Medical University. It's extraordinary really. I can't even begin to describe how grateful I feel. I'll be attending a twinning program, which means I'll be doing 5 semesters (30 months) here, and the remaining 5 abroad.

I've received mixed reactions regarding the matter though. I know that some think its 2nd best compared to those that are offered a scholarship overseas for the whole period of their course but they couldn't be more wrong. The way I see it, I'll be able to experience the good of both worlds, plus, I get to be here, a little while longer, with my family. I couldn't ask for more.

I remember a conversation I had with Surekha last year about IMU. Not once did the thought cross my mind that I'd actually make it in. All I could think about was how great it sounded but it wasn't going to be a place for me knowing that not only is it one of our very best, but above all, it's a private institution.

Two years to that though, Medical school and all. A-levels comes first. But hopefully, if all goes well, I'll finally be able to call myself a Medical student.

I know, there's plenty of hard work up ahead but I'm counting on the fact that at the end of the day, it'll all be worth it.

After almost 6 months of being completely idle, it's both exciting and frightening to at last get back to some serious work.

I feel like my dream is gradually becoming less and less of a mere 'dream'. Instead, it's slowly turning into reality.

17 Comments:

At 11:01 AM, Blogger Roshann Mathiahlagan said...

well, it takes a lot of effort, and a lil' luck to get wat u wanted :D
wish u luck on medic then ;p

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey congrats!!!!!!! This is wonderful news! If, no, when you successfully become a doc, give me discounts yea? LOL.

 
At 8:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Roshann--> Well, I like to think it's 99% effort, 1% luck =P

Thanks!

Hui Xuan--> *coughcough* Err.. yea, suuuure, anything for a friend =)

Thanks a bunch!

 
At 12:19 AM, Blogger Yuvha Dharshini said...

hey, so happy for you as its your dream of getting one step closer of being a doctor.

It was the same for my sister too as she could only dream of entering IMU but nevertheless her dream came true and so did yours =D.

Im sure you will do well and its going to be an enjoyable experience too.

Good luck!!

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger chumly said...

Grasp that dream and enjoy every moment, good or bad, this dream will bring you. How proud you must feel and you deserve it.

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Roshann Mathiahlagan said...

well, its supposed to be
“Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration.”
its by Thomas Edison :D

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Myself said...

Tahniah
Congrats
Gong xi

=P

 
At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yuvha--> Hey! Thanks a bunch, Yuvha. Yea, this means tons to me. It's great to have the chance to pursue something you feel passionate about.

All the same to you!

Chumly--> Will do =) Thank you so much.

Roshann--> Eh, close enough. Mine's the simplified version though XP

Kean Boon--> Haha, thank you, thank you, thank you! =D

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger Hmm... said...

u bloody deserve a place in med school =)

 
At 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!

I know everyone above has already mentioned it. But I'll just say it anyway. You deserve every single bit of that scholarship and you know it. So congratulations!!

All the best on embarking on the journey you've been waiting so long for. Now that it's here, I believe you will savor it to the fullest.

If you become famous, I might just allow you to pop my baby :)

 
At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shao Min--> Hi! Its been a while =)

Thank you so much!!

Surekha--> Heya!

Heh, I'll be sure to work my butt off to become famous then. Though the IF and MIGHT makes it all sound way less convincing.. ;p

Thanks Surekha!!

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Fishball said...

OOh sha!!! Guess what guess what?? You'll be very excited to hear this! I might be going to IMU first, though my intake will be next year. Know what this means??!!! :) I GET TO BE YOUR SENIOR! ah he he he he.

 
At 11:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my god, that'd be a tad bit odd ^^; It sorta tampers with my ego too.. >_> (I wanna be the senior!!)

Heh, but really, that's good to hear, Qian! We'll be doing our course at the same place, how awesome is that =D

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Y.K. Chan said...

haven't been reading blogs for awhile....but in any case, congrats! You damn well deserve it too haha, what with all the time you guys spent revising bio and other stuff after school.

Guess you can say 'Ha, i didn't take tuition!' to everyone else now. :)

 
At 11:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think what you mean is..; "I haven't been reading YOUR blog for a while" XP *cough*iveseenyouatotherblogs*cough*

Heh, anyway, thanks all the same, Yin Kit =)

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Y.K. Chan said...

you've seen me at other blogs? where?

but then again, lol, it's true i haven't been reading your blog for sometime. Then again, I haven't visited half my links for the past month or so *shrugs*

but anyway, have you visited MINE recently? lol!

 
At 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh lets not mention names shall we?

Course I have. I dunno if you've updated recently, but last I read was a post about a Serojian gathering.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home