Friday, March 09, 2007

The Rise of True Evil

Gaspard Ulliel

Alright boys and girls, time to stop that drooling and please, shut those hanging jaws.

I give you, Gaspard Ulliel.

This 22 year old French model turned actor, plays the renowned fictional character, Hannibal Lecter, in the prequel to the ever popular, Hannibal.

Hannibal Rising, in short, tells the tale of how Hannibal Lecter came to be.

Hannibal Rising trailer


Through the trailer alone, you witness how Gaspard carries the role with sheer excellence, staying true to character; cold, cunning and cruel. His feat is piercingly brilliant and boy, does he look good doing it.

I have yet to have seen the movie unfortunately, but I can say the trailer did not fail to capture my immediate attention.

It is undeniable that Anthony Hopkins portrayal of Hannibal Lecter in all three movies; Red Dragon, The Silence of the Lambs and Hannibal (though I personally think there wasn't quite enough of him in Red Dragon, but that's a whole different story altogether..) was disturbingly incredible.

And although it would do no justice to compare an honoured veteran to a rising star, few can disagree that Gaspard's performance is most definitely, nothing short of a worthy follow-up.

I say bring it on. Violence, bloodshed and all.


3 Comments:

At 7:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa, this looks like an interesting movie!

And Ulliel looks like the sexy evil guy.

What a turn on.. *fans self*

 
At 2:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, to date, this is the fastest response I've received out of all my previous entries XD

YES, we've so gotta watch this one.

 
At 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want watch too! Only because Gong Li is in. And blood and gore yay!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home