Thursday, November 22, 2007

It’s almost impossible to write about everything that’s been going on since my last entry and I'm pretty sure you don't want to know everything. So what say we just skim the surface here?

From where we left off then, college.

Well.., college has been good to me so far. Though already it has thrown in my face a number of rather crappy things, I've been receiving the good bits too. Fair enough, I suppose.


Towards the end of this semester, I think I’ve made some progress with adapting, fitting in, generally just getting used to the place. Intec’s a pretty interesting place to be really.

That said however, I'm not exactly rushing to go back, if you know what I mean. Sem break's finally here, and well, it's time to kick back and relax for a change.

Seriously, you wouldn't believe how much studying can be done when you're living in a hostel. Too much, honestly. It actually hits a rather depressing stage sometimes. Don't get me wrong though. It's not like that's all we do. We have our share of fun. Guess just not as much as we used to back in school. I dunno, somehow, there's so much pressure riding on, well, everything really.

It's the scholarship thing, I suppose. We're so afraid that if we make a slight slip, the scholarship's going to be yanked from right underneath us. Which is, of course, a tad bit of an exaggeration. You would have to be screwing up real bad for your sponsor to want to kick you off the program.

Still... I personally am finding it hard not to worry. Here's where my dad would say "What don't you worry about?"

Okay okay, 'nuff bout that. Anymore and I might end up leaving this and curling up in bed.

Next one then.

I was a little concern about how our Raya celebrations would be this time around. The past couple years, it hasn't been feeling too great. After we lost my mum's dad, the family kinda lost a reason to go back to Penang too.

It was like breaking a tradition we had going on since.. well, for as long as I can remember.

This year, things changed once again. The morning of our 50th Independence Day, my grandfather passed away. With that, we broke another tradition.
No more would we gather at my uncle’s place, where my grandparents used to live, instead my dad and his siblings would now take turns hosting first Raya.

For the record, all went well. My dad took the first shift. It was a change everyone welcomed and it was nice to be able to share our first Raya with both friends and family.


I guess you could say, Raya turned out so much better than any of us had expected.

We went back to Penang too this year. It felt really really good. We stayed at this gorgeous hotel with my aunt and uncle (and their two adorable kids), visited relatives we hadn't seen in years and all in all, just had a really great time.


When you think about it, so many things have changed in such a small span of time.

It's hard to believe a whole semester has gone by and god, 2007 is almost over. I wish I could say I have no regrets but then there's just so many things I wish I could have done, so much I should have said. But, it’s as they say, you live and learn.

Live and learn
.

4 Comments:

At 10:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey hey Sha sha! =D

You really have a good mix of classmates! Is your class called 10S or something?

Heh, it's understandable. I guess I'll be worried myself and watching my back all the time, with this much at stake. Honestly, I really don't think you should be worried; you'll do excellent! If they ever, ever withdraw their offer, it's really their big fat loss, not yours. But I'm positive they won't.

My condolences. I hope you're staying strong. *hugs*

I'm really glad you invited us over! Food's excellent, though I must say it's a tad bit too spicy for me. Spicy, but delish nevertheless.

I just got back from Penang, actually, with my classmates. I must say the beach over at Batu Feringghi was excellent, though I can't really compare. You know, my first time ever. Now I know what they mean when they talk about the 'white sand' and 'blue sea'. Heck, I even tried my hands at sandcastle building!

Ah well, time passes like sea water between your toes; it feels smooth, albeit a bit sandy and cold, but when the tide's gone, you really want to feel the water again.

Live and learn indeed!

 
At 12:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya Stan,

Intec has a pretty good ratio of Malays and Chinese actually. Sadly, still rather lacking in the number of Indian students..
Umm,.. that is, if you were referring to race at all. But then again, can't figure out what else would you be implying..haha..

Anyway, no, not 10S. Our class is 8M10 (yea, sounds so...uhhhh...numerical ><;) Hence, the number 10 =)

Yup, yup, Daddy keeps telling me to just take things one step at a time. Working on that.

Thanks Stan. There was a severe blockage in a blood vessel near his heart. So you can imagine, that really put him through alot. I think the comfort to all of us is that he's no longer in pain.

We've sorta developed this so called immunity to most of my mums spicy cooking. So I guess she's gotta make it that more spicier time after time. Which we enjoy but kinda kills off everyone else.. ^^;
It was a pleasure to have you guys over =)

Sand castles! I've always wanted to!! *nudges* Made anything worth bragging about?

Love the analogy =)

Thanks for the comment, Stan.

 
At 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I was referring to the quirkiness of your classmates. See also, the guy with the zipped-up hoodie. I mean, that's good in a way. At least during lectures it won't be that mundane with someone to perk things up. Hehe.

8M10! Mine is PM7, well at least we have something in common.

Well, the sand castles my classmates and I made weren't anything stupendous, but it was definitely fun! Too bad the day after everything was gone with the sea. We have pictures, though! *winkwink*

No prob at all!

 
At 11:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhh would never have guessed.

Absolutely, I'm thankful we have quite a number of quirky people. Heh, classes are much more interesting that way.
Oh, that would be Mazlan, 15 year old Pakistani kid and the 'baby' of 8M10 ;p My classmates were so amazed at how the jacket could be zipped all the way, so yea, he decided to do that for the photo.

Coolies. Next time I see you on msn you can show me then =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home