Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I've fallen head over heels for..


Michael Buble

Watching his performance last Sunday, on tv of course, (like duuh) felt so spectacular. He's brilliantly charming, an amusing entertainer, and that voice, God, melts your heart like butter..

What could be more 'droolable'.. Really now, need I say more?

Have you ever realised how catchy the lyrics to "Fever" are? Neither have I.

Romeo loved Juliet
Juliet she felt the same
When he put his arms around her
He said 'Julie, baby, you’re my flame
Thou giv-est fever when we kisseth
Fever with the flaming youth
Fever I’m afire
Fever yea I burn for sooth’
Captain Smith and Pocahantas
Had a very mad affair
When her daddy tried to kill him
She said 'Daddy, o, don’t you dare
He gives me fever with his kisses
Fever when he holds me tight
Fever, I’m his misses,
Oh daddy, won’t you treat him right’

Now you’ve listened to my story
Here’s the point that I have made
Chicks were born to give you fever
Be it fahrenheit or centigrade
They give you fever when you kiss them
Fever if you live and learn
Fever till you sizzle
What a lovely way to burn


If I were ever to leave home, I know I'll think of this beautiful song.
I simply love this verse..

And I'm surrounded by
A million people I
still feel alone
I wanna go home
Let me go home

-Home by Michael Buble


Michael Buble is nothing short of EXTRAORDINARY. An absolutely stunning performer. If he were to come to Malaysia, I swear, I'd kill to get tickets to his concert.


Since American Idol Season 3, I've realised, I do have a thing for crooners.

No kidding.


Remember John Stevens? Yup, that charming red head who brought crooning to American Idol. I looked forward to AI every week just to watch him perform. I did loose a tad bit of interest to keep up with the show after he was kicked out.


I didn't expect him to win, but there was definitely an alluring quality in the young 16 year old (he was 16 at the time) who was frequently compared to his idol, the one and only, Frank Sinatra.


And then there's David Radford, who was on this years season.

I was a little skeptical at first, about the idea of having yet another crooner on American Idol. But of course, all that crooning got to me once again. Guess who are his favourite singers?

Michael Buble
&
Frank Sinatra

Surprise surprise ;p

Unlike Michael Buble though, both John Stevens and David Radford lacked in delivering feeling and emotion when singing. According to Simon Cowell its 'the age factor'. Makes sense I suppose.

7 Comments:

At 5:53 PM, Blogger Kirstin Wong said...

OMG! OMG!!!

I thought I was the only person who enjoyed their crooning.

Yay! New partner now :P

 
At 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I LOVE Fever by M.Buble! ESPECIALLY that Romeo and Juliet part, when he uses the Olden English..

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger Shahira said...

Kirstin--> Hell, you do?! I never knew!! Thats so incredibly awesome!

Yay us! =D

Grace--> Heh, yup me too! I love the part where he says "Chicks were born to give you fever". If I'm not mistaken, during the show, he changed it to "Girls were born to give boys fever". Sounds way cuter that way, ya? hehe ^^

Kakami--> Oh my god... you found out what's his name?? XD Gotta admit, he is really good looking. So... dreamy...

*slaps self*

err..right, anyway, still cant quite believe you managed to spot him. I swear, there was at least a 90% chance I would have missed him if you didn't point him out.

Totally salute your "tracking" *cough* SKILLS

XD

 
At 12:16 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Shahiraaaa! =P
Michael Buble! Home is one of my favourite songs...glad you like him too!
Another song you HAVE to listen - 'Quando Quando Quando' by Buble in a duet with Nelly Furtado (before she became a maneater).
And also not forgetting 'Feeling Good'...Buble does it old-school, unlike Muse...
Very nice pic of Buble, by the way. Seriously droolworthy =D

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger Shahira said...

Lynn--> hey hey, what a pleasent surprise =)

I've heard it! Love 'Quando Quando Quando', actually I don't think I've heard anything from MB that I dont like! XD
Honestly, I didnt know it was Nelly Furtado at first. Good Nelly joke btw ;p

"Feeling Good" makes you feel sooooo good ;p Wait a sec, Muse did a version of it too?!

Totally ^_<

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Ainaa said...

Hey there!

Sorry to be the spoil sport to break it to you, but Michael Buble did come to Malaysia about two years ago. Though it was incredibly silly coz the tix were about 400 ringgit or so as it was a dinner. But hey, considering the big fanbase he has here, I wouldnt be suprised he might just come again :D

Oh my did someone mention Zach Hexum?! He's really really awesome, try downloading his songs "Met A Girl Like You Once" and "Some of the Time".. The first song even got into the soundtrack of the o.c!

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger Shahira said...

Hey Ainaa!

Omg... I didnt know!!! Or I might have heard about it and probably just forgot..>.>

I'll make sure I tell my sister! Thanks, Ainaa!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home