Saturday, September 30, 2006

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust

The only thing I detest more than exams are those grueling, seemingly never ending weeks you go through getting back your results..

I doubt it’s anywhere near exaggeration to say that exams have an utterly ‘brilliant’ way of bringing out the worst in people. There’s no need to elaborate more on that.

I personally, have been having a particularly hard time dealing with things this time around. I know it doesn’t take very much to get me stressed up, pressured or worried for that matter. But it feels as though the magnitude of it all has been multiplied ten times more.

Okay, I think too much. That’s obvious.

The events on Thursday practically tore me apart. As I spent half an hour weeping my heart out, all I could think about was how much I wanted to be at home.

A simple message from a beloved friend turned my day around.

"Don't worry, don't be sad. To be or not to be, that is the question"

It may not have made much sense to another but I understood, and it meant the world to me.

Never have I been so grateful of holidays. It’s only for a week. Plus, I’ve got loads of studying to do. But, I've been yearning for a time off. Then again, who hasn't. I seriously need to be away from school for a while. The longer the better, but since clearly that isn’t quite possible, I’ll gladly take on those 9 days of so called solitude.

More minor exams after the PMR break. I suppose it will help us assess how prepared we are for SPM... Despite that, surprisingly, it doesn’t make me dislike the idea any less than I already do.

5 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as unsolvable problems… All of us have our weak moments
(yes even those who appear happy 24/7 *hint*hint*) but the important thing is to overcome it and not let it overcome us!!

You can't have a better tomorrow if you are thinking about yesterday all the time.

Just remember that that your friends are always here to help you when you need us.

-Pradheep

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger Shahira said...

Told you I'm a good liar..

I think at times, 'optimism' just caves in on me and I'm left with nothing but cynical thoughts.

I'm skeptical about that, unfortunately.. Maybe, that would have served as a comfort sometime ago, but now it really doesn't mean very much to me anymore. I dunno, somehow, I believe very few would be by my side when I'm truly in need. Most would cower at the sight of my anger or depression.

 
At 8:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey.

why didn't you say anything? i would have prolonged the hug (other than for my own benefit).

Anyway, as cliched as it may seem, I'm here for ya if you need anything. I'm just a call and a classroom away :)

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger Shahira said...

Hey!

How have your exams been? I'm pretty surprised you were on though ;p Unless, this comment was up before Monday..

There wasn't any need to. Anyway, all that laughing and joking around did wonders for me. The hug was like an added bonus =)

Thanks dear. All the best for your PMR.

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Kirstin Wong said...

My exams have been okay, except for the Sejarah one which I found kinda though. But other then that, it was hand-able :P

hahaha, I actually needed a break so I was just reading through blogs :P

Hahaha, yeah, can't wait to see you and disturb you more senior ;) Aww, that's sweet.

You're welcome senior. Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home