Friday, September 22, 2006

The Birth

I stroked her head gently as she moved around the box restlessly.

I sat there, wishing I were able to do more than just sit by, watching from the sidelines, as she stuggled to get into a comfortable position.

Then we waited, both her and I, anticipating the first signs of contraction. My hand, patting her head religiously knowing that everytime I took it away, she worried I was about to leave her side. I didn't of course. Instead whispered words of comfort somehow feeling she understood. No, I don't know for sure.

My hands and legs were both aching by then. An hour or so had gone by, and finally, she had her first one. Without doubt, I was slightly terrified. Okay.. maybe that's an understatement. But leaving was the last option on my list. I couldn't. Not at that moment, when I felt she needed reassurance most.

By 12.30 that afternoon, there were two. Both well and adorable.

Yes, Sebastion gave birth to two lovely baby kittens today.

God.. what an experience.

AND of course, not forgetting, the highlight of my day...


HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAK MEERA!


2 Comments:

At 2:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah I wish I could've been there!
Thanks so much Shahira. Happiness these days are a great facade... except those between us. Anyway, you should probably put away the birthday wish, could be the contributing factor to your previously 0 comments. Love ya.

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Shahira said...

I know! Honestly, when you woke me up, it didn't quite register. But once I realized that both you and mummy weren't around and I'd have to handle it all alone, I did freak!

Ehh... no way I'm removing that. It was, honestly, one of the best days I've had for a while now.

Lol, I doubt thats the cause of it. Check out my two previous posts, 0 comments too and no birthday greetings there ;p

<3love ya too =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home