Monday, October 02, 2006

Your hands are mine to hold


"Seek wisdom in the ages,
&
look at the world through the eyes of a child"


I came across that lovely quote by Ron Wild while browsing through "For Babies" at BORDERS. The simplicity of his words, it's outright honest, crystal clear meaning, had me instantly. I believe a child sees the world both as it is and what it should be. A child would see in you what everyone else overlooks as though it were the most obvious thing. Maybe that's why it feels so special when they show a hint of fondness towards you.

I dreamt about a little baby girl a few nights ago.

She was mine.

I remember quite vaguely, her soft brown hair, those tiny hands fitting perfectly in my own and that beautiful smile. I have wondered, more than just a couple of times, what it would feel like to have a little one of my own. Don't panic, I'm not pregnant. Or getting married for that matter..

It's just a thought.

Perhaps a result of my day at the bookstore looking at photographs or babies.


6 Comments:

At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SPM being terminated for that..sounds like a fair dea-- No no no, how could one compare having a baby to SPM!

SPM is sooooo unworthy XD

But yea, 17 is definitely too young. Right now, all I can think about is getting over SPM, what ps games to play, what clothes to wear, what to eat..heh.. I doubt I'm anywhere near prepared for motherhood.

Thanks, Stan

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Kirstin Wong said...

hahaha, if you were pregnant...

i would most probably get a hard attack and die.

you're the last person i would expect..but i guess when one gets caught up in the moment, everything seems like nothing doesn't it :P

nghehehe.

 
At 12:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

><

Okay, obviously, I need to go kick myself for putting up that particular line.. >__>

Heh.. oh! sorry I didn't reply to your sms..I guess you can probably figure I'm outta credit ^^;

Kick back & relax, ya? Freedom is sweeeeet!

P.S: unfortunately, mine has yet to come. Oh well, all in a matter of time.

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Kirstin Wong said...

Hahaha, that is the best idea you've ever had! :P

Its okay, I had a feeling, or maybe cause you were studying.

I will, and of course, freedom is sweet! Well, for now that is :P

P.S : Don't worry, I'll enjoy it for you till yours comes along.

 
At 12:15 AM, Blogger Grace said...

Haha. I think we'd all commit suicide if Shahira were pregnant.

But you do have that motherly touch.. I'm sure you know it!

 
At 11:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Out of everything else I wrote.. why does everyone keep going back to that >__>

Hehe, aww gee.. HUGE compliment, Grace. Honestly, I'm not sure ^^; Guess it's too soon to tell.

But thanks =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home